Rabu, 20 Juni 2012
Spoof in essay
The text for No.1 to 5
A young lion came to a small zoo in Europe. In the next cage was a tired, old lion, which did nothing except lie about and sleep. “Lion ought not to be like that!” Young lion said to himself, so he roared at all the visitors and tried to break the bars of the cage.
At three o’clock a man brought a big piece of meat and put it in the old lion’s cage then he put a bag of nuts and two bananas in the young lion’s cage. The young lion was very surprised. “I don’t understand this,” he said to the old lion, “I behave like a real lion while you lie there doing nothing, and look what happens!”
“Well, you see,” said the old lion kindly, “this is a small zoo. They haven’t got enough money for two lions, so in their books you are here as a monkey
1. The writer wants to say that…
2. The communicative purpose of the text above is to…
3. The young lion was very surprised because …
4. What did the man put in the young’s lion cage?
5. I behave like a real lion while you lie there doing nothing
What is the synonym of the word above?
Once a man was walking in a park when he came across a penguin
He took him to a policeman and said, ”I have just found this penguin. What should I do?” The policeman replied, ”Take him to the Zoo
The next day the policeman saw the same man in the same park and the man was still carrying the penguin with him. The policeman was rather surprised and walked up to the man and asked, “Why are you still carrying that penguin about? Didn’t you take it to the zoo?” “I certainly did,” replied the man.
And it was a great idea because he really enjoyed it, so today I’m taking him to the movies!
6. Once a man was walking in a park when he came across a penguin
What is the meaning of the underlined word in Indonesian language?
7. Who were the characters in the story?
8. What did the writer want to say about the story?
9. Why did the man take the penguin to the movies?10. What is the generic structure of the text?