Senin, 28 Mei 2012
EXERCISES LANGUANGE EXPRESSIONS
1. Ita : Rudi broke his leg in an accident
Dahlia : ___, I hope he gets well soon.
A. I don't care
B. I hate him
C. I'm sorry to hear
D. Good bye
E. Be better next time
2. Rany : Mom, I've got 9 for my English test and 8 for math,
Mother : ………,Rany
Rany : Thank you mother
A. I'm very disappointed
B. I'm very sad to hear that
C. I'm very sorry to hear that
D. I'm very proud of you
E. I’m very satisfied with it
3. Doni : What do you think of my new dress?
Sarah : That's wonderful dress, I like it
The underlined words express...
4. Shop keeper : Can I help you?
Dona : Yes, I am looking for a dress.
Shop keeper : .......? Blue or the purple one
A. Do you like the purple one
B. What colour is the dress
C. Which one do you want
D. How many dress do you need
E. Which dress do you want
5. X : Will you join me to go shopping?
Y : Oh, I am sorry I didn't need anything to buy
The underlined sentence expresses....
6. Mr. Rahmat : Well Bambang. I think it's enough. You may leave now
Bambang : Thank you sir __ "
A. I don't wan't to meet you again
C. I hate you
D. Do you agree
E. You are welcome
7. Mira : More Tea?
Deddy : I'd love to but it's getting dark. I'm sorry I must leave now ……….
A. I like it very much
B. Thanks for the meals
C. Thanks for the tea and bye
D. Do you agree
E. That’s enough
8. The following sentences are expression of 'praise" except
A. "Well done, Ari!" You are very bright
B. " That a wonderful picture" 1 love it
C. "You look nice in that dress!"
D. "What a pity I should say you like not right with your blouse"
E. "What a wonderful painting"
9. Adam : I failed my dancing test
Jordan : ………………..
A. You must be very upset
B. It sounds nice
C. Thank you
D. That's great
E. You are delightful
10. X : Have you heard that Roy got the first prize for a speech contest held in our school?
Y : Oh, really? ....
A. It's impossible
B. I am feed up with him
C. I am sorry hear that
D. His parents must be proud of him
E. I think he doesn’t deserve it
11. Ari : " There' good war film on Palaguna Theater. Let's go and see it"
Sinta : " ... war films. I'm afraid. I prefer comedies and dramas.
All the answers are right, except....
A. I'm not very keen on
B. I especially dislike
C. I really hate
D. I'm fond of
E. I don’t’ like
12. Wasmana : I think it's time to me to go.
Sungkawa : Well see you latter.
The underlined word expresses ………
D. Leave talking
E. Good bye
13. Dcddy : Do you bring the book you borrowed yesterday?
Diana : Oh... I’ll bring it tomorrow. I promise
A. I am Sorry
B. I regretted it
C. I intended
D. I really feel sorry for it
E. I don’t know
14. Ani planned to see Safari Garden. She asked Ali to join her and he agreed.
Ani : "Would you like to go with me"?
Ali : ……
A. Never mind
B. Please help yourself
C. I'd love to
D. What a pity! I can't go with you
E. That’s not true
15. Father : How about your test this morning. Andre
Andre : I think it was too difficult. ... I will get a good mark, I could do a few items
A. I don't believe
B. I am certain
C. I am sure
D. I am not sure
E. I think
16. I don't know anything about playing chess.
The italicized phrase indicates ....
17. Student 1 : How many questions could you do on the math test yesterday?
Student 2 : All questions were easy for me to do.
The underlined utterance is expressing ...,
18. X : Are you sure you can live without her?
Y : I don’t know. It depends on time.
The underlined sentences express ....
19. X : Ani is a diligent student, I'm sure she' will pass the examinations with flying colors.
Y : I think so, Underlined utterance expresses
20. Manager : Well, Miss Radian. English is favourable for your position in this company.
Miss. Radian : I know all about that, Sir. But I'm not good at English actively.
The underlined utterance show…..
21. Rohimat : My stomach ached all night. I couldn't sleep.
Rohiman : …....to hear that
A. That's good
B. I'm Sorry
C. That's wonderful
D. I do apologize
E. That’s amazing
22. Sofy : I am afraid I've told your problem to her
Ucha : Really?
Sofy : I do ... but I didn't mean it.
23. The man : Excuse me! You seem very confused , ………
Stranger :Yes, can you tell me the way to the Bank?
The man : Please go straight along the road and then turn left after the first junction,
Stranger : Thank you
A. Is there you help me
B. Is there something help
C. Do you need me
D. Do you need some help
E. Do you need some helping
24. Andi : "I'm going to the movie __? There’s a good film there
Toni : "Okay, I'm going with you
A. Will you join me
B. Do you like it
C. Are you all right
D. Do you agree
E. Are you sure
25. Sonia : Can you come to my party tonight?
Andini : Absolutely
In the dialogues Aldi expresses ...
26. Anissa : I'm sorry, I couldn’t come to your wedding party next week.
Bahar : Oh no, that’s a pity.
The underlined utterance expresses....
27. Ani : Why does Tony apply a job as a pilot?
Beni : Because he has the qualification on flying aeroplane.
The underlined expression above shows ....
28. Tommy : What did you think of that film?
Wisnu : I ... and very interesting
A. I thought it was " Independence Day"
B. I thought it was bad film
C. I thought it was started by Kevin Costner
D. I thought it was quite good
E. I thought it was a miserable
29. Yuyus : Poor Hadi, His father was injured in the disaster.
Lukmam : Was he? What do you mean the disaster'?
Yuyus : The flood that destroyed Jakarta
Lukman : What a pity he is, then what about her mother and others?
The underlined sentence is used for expressing…
30. Eddy : Dad, didn't you see me in TV
Father : Sure, I did. You looked great
It means that, he is so ... his son
A. proud of
B. attracted to
C. honest to
D. grateful of
E. believe in
31. Toni : What do you think about the party last night?
Rini : ….....I like it very much especially the electrical decoration of the room?
A. I'm very annoyed
B. I have no idea about that
C. I am extremely dislike
D. It gives me great pleasure
E. That’s surprising
32. Inul : Would you like to come here again for dinner?
Uut : I'd love too but I think it's already dark……
Inul : Ok.. see you again
A. I am very sad
B. Sorry, I don't want to see you again
C. I hate
D. Sorry I must leave now
E. Good bye
33. Student : " ………………. ..?"
Teacher : " Yes, you may"
A. Pardon me, sir. May I come in?
B. Forgive me, Sir. Could you say it again
C. Excuse me, sir. May I be back now?
D. Sorry me Sir, may you join us ?
E. Excuse me, sir. May you come in
34. Which of these refusals is polite?
"Would you like to come with me to Ancol on Sunday"
A. " What a terrible idea!"
B. "I can't I've got to visit my aunt."
C. " You must be joking"
D. "No, no, no "
E. No, thanks
35. Nadya : Mom, this is my friend. Kaseem,
Mrs. Seliawan : How do you do, Kaseem ?
Kaseem : ..., Mrs. Setiawan?
Mrs. Setiawan : Thanks for coming at my daughter's birthday
Kaseem : You are welcome
A. Very well thank you
B. I'm fine, thank you
C. How do you do
D. How about you
E. Nice to meet you