Senin, 28 Mei 2012
The text type
WHAT IS THE TEXT TYPE?
1. Bob Marley was born on February 6, 1945 In a small village called Nina Miles in
He launched his first record at the age of 16 in Jamaica with a song called “Judge Not” in
1963. He formed a band called the Wailers, launched “Simmer Down” which became
an instant hit in Kingston .
In 1972, international recognition came after the album “Catch Fire” was
After breaking up with a new band line up and released “Natt Dread” which was a major success. Soon, he received a United Nations Peace Medal in
after his concert on April 22,
1978. New York
Being close friend related to politics in
made Bob Marley an assassination
and went on with his concert. His last concert was held on September 23,
1980 in Jamaica
when he was already diagnosed of having brain and lung cancer. He died on May
11, 1981 in Pittsburgh ,
and was buried in his birthplace. Miami
is a constitutional monarchy comprising of the constituent countries: England
Wales, Scotland and .
The first three are situated in Northern Ireland Great Britain,
Which is an island that lies off the north west
coast of Europe. The island is surrounded by
the Atlantic Ocean to the west, and the North Sea
to the east. Meanwhile, Northern is located in Ireland
which is an island that lies off the west coast of . The island consist
of Great Britain
and the irish Republic. Northern Ireland
3. Australia has three levels of government, Federal, State and Local. All levels work together to govern
but each level has different responsibilities. Australia
The federal government is necessary for the big things. This government is responsible for enacting laws, defense, taxation, telecommunications and external affairs.
The state governments look after the middle-sized things. For example they look after industrial relations and preventing things like vandalism I school.
Local government look after the small things. They look after things like garbage collection, local parks and reserves.
Thus, we can conclude that the three levels of government above are necessary.
4. Death penalty for serious criminals has been discussed by our experts. Those who agree say that death penalty will scare the criminals off. However, those who disagree say that it is inhuman not effective and we cannot correct the wrong sentence after the criminals die
this penalty does not exist. Most people argue that the possibility of making
the wrong decision is always there although it is true that spending life
behind the bars is not easy either. Also every person should have chance for
rehabilitation. In this way he or she can start all over again in another life
Those who agree argue that there is not use to feed the terrorists in prison with their money. When they get out, they will create a lot of trouble by blackmailing and killing people. So, who says that jails will stop there from being guys?
My own opinion is divided. On the one hand, I want to be human and on the other hand, I wonder if those people are worthy of my feeling
5. One day Mrs. Haris is begged for her husband‘s permission to borrow a necklace from her friend. They would go to a party and she said that she was too ashamed to go because she didn’t have any jewelry. Her husband half-heartedly approved it
At the party, she looked so glamorous with the necklace on her neck. But as soon as the party was over and she was about to go home. She realized that the necklace was no longer on her neck. She was very panic and so was her husband. After searching at all places, they couldn’t find the necklace.
They decided to buy the same necklace to replace the lost one. But it was not an easy thing to do. They had to spend a lot of money to buy it. As they were able to buy the necklace, they handed it over to the owner. “Thank you very much for lending me your beautiful necklace. I really appreciated”. Mrs. Haris said. The owner opened the necklace box while saying, “No problem. It is fake”.
6. Spiders are predatory invertebrate animals. They are not classified in the class of insecta. A spider has eight legs while an insect never has more than six legs.
Spiders have a body with two main divisions, four legs and two other pairs of walking legs and two other pairs of abdominal spinnerets for spinning threads of silk. This silk can be used to aid in climbing, build egg sacs and catch prey
Spiders kill so many insects, but they never do the least harm to man’s belonging. Spiders are busy for at least half of the year killing insects. It is impossible to find out how many insects they kill, since they are hungry creature which cannot be content with only three meals a day
7. To whom it may concern
“Indonesian Idol” is an usual Indonesian televised singing competition which has been airing on RCTI. Part of the Idol Franchise, it originated from the British reality program ‘Pop Idol”. “Indonesian Idol” is a combination of a reality show and a talent search show. Unfortunately, instead of giving the opportunity to anyone who has talent and capable to be promoted as an idol, I find some weakness in this program.
Sometimes, the winner is not guaranteed to have a quality of a good singer because the winner is merely determined by public voting by phone and sms. Most of these voters do not consider the jury’s comments and the contestant’s physical appearance and personality rather than his/her singing quality.
As a consequence, after the competition to be professional singers. Why is it so? Because they don’t have great skills to be professional singers. Furthermore, most of them only have little experience in the show business, while being professional singers need a long process and time.
My suggestion is that “Indonesian Idol” should not determine the winner based on the contestant’s popularity. The singing quality of each contestant should be the first priority.
8. Picasso was one of the most outstanding and important artists of the 1900’s. He is best known for his paintings. Almost every style in modern art is represented in Picasso’s works. Picasso was born in 1881 in
son of an art teacher. He studied painting from his father and several art
schools. However he never finished his college-level course of study at the Malaga,
Spain academy of Arts
in . Madrid
From about 1895 to 1901, he painted realistic works in a traditional style. Then he entered what was called the Blue Period. During this time he only used shades of blue in his paintings to show poverty he saw in
After 1908, he entered into the style of cubism. Among his well-known cubist painting are “Three Musicians” and “Man with a Guitar”. Picasso died in
in 1973. Mougins,
9. There is no one way to deal pests in agricultural. Pesticides are commonly used, but this may cause many problems.
First, the chemicals in pesticides may build up residues in the environment. This reduce the quality of farm’s products. As well, pests can gradually become resistant to pesticides. This means that newer and stronger ones have to be developed. Some pesticides also affect non target animals such as fish and bees. This affect natural balance.
To wipe out agricultural pests completely may be very expensive. Sometimes pest damage costs less than method of control.
Finally, understanding the ecology of the area will help a lot in a pest control. Natural enemies can be used to control pests. In other words, it can be said that an integrated pest management (i.e. an ecological approach that can significantly reduce or eliminate the use of pesticides) is safer and more effective to be used as a solution to deal with pests in agriculture.
10. Once upon a time, a hawk fell in love with a hen. The hawk flew down from the sky and asked the hen, "Won't you marry me?"
The hen loved the brave, strong hawk and whishes to marry him. But she said, "I cannot fly as high as you can/ if you give me time, I may learn to fly as high as you. Then, we can fly together."
The hawk agreed. Before he went away, he gave the hen a ring. "This is to show that you have promised to marry me, "said the hawk.
So it happened that the hen had already promised to marry a rooster. So, when the rooster saw the ring, he became very angry, "throw that ring away at once! Didn't you tell the hawk that you'd already promised to marry me?" shouted the rooster. The hen was so frightened at the rooster's anger that she threw away the ring immediately.
When the hawk came the next day, the hen told him the truth, the hawk was so furious earth, and I’ll always be flying you to catch your children, “Said the hawk.
The curse seems to have come true.
11. Those who agree with cloning of animals usually argue that cells produced from them can be used to stop animals from being extinct. They also add that cloning has a purpose to produce high quality of cells.
Many species are becoming rarer and rarer. Scientist are concerned if they do not do something to save certain species. These animals will be extinct forever and this would be a big loss for the animal kingdom. For this reason, researches have improved cloning technology so that many rare species can be successfully cloned.
However, not everyone is exited about cloning animals. Some people feel that it could have terrible consequences. Foe example, if dinosaurs are cloned, then men could be extinct. It is clear that these ferocious beast can’t live together with humans. In history, these creatures lived several thousand years before men appeared. Can you imagine these giant killing creature living within the same era and on the same planet wit us?
As a result of this controversy, people still have not got the answer yet for cloning animals. Moreover, some members of the scientific community think that the banning of cloning technology will destroy the creativity of science
12. Taj Mahal is one of seven wonder of the world. It impressed many people because it is the symbol of love from a husband to his wife
Taj Mahal stands in the city of
Agra, in the northern
Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, on the banks of .
It was built in the memory of the beautiful Mumtaz Mahal, who won the heart of
a Mughal prince, Shah Jahar. Mumtaz Mahal died during the birth of their child,
Gauhara Begum. The construction of Taj
Mahal was begun soon after Mumtaz’s death. Yamuna River
The focus of Taj Mahal is the white marble tomb. Four minarets frame the tomb. Meanwhile, the main chamber houses the cenotaphs of Muntaz Mahal and her husband, with graves located on lower level.
13. Facsimile, often called fax, is a way of transmitting texts and pictures over telephone lines. News services often use facsimile to send news, stories, and photograph to newspaper and television station. Banks, law firms, and other businesses use facsimile to send copies of document, to clients and other organizations.
A device called a facsimile machine is used for transmitting and receiving images. Facsimile machines resemble small photocopiers. However, they are equipped with a telephone or are connected to one. To machines and dials the telephone number of the receiving fax machines. After the connection is made, an electronic scanner on the transmitting machines moves across the page and converts the image into a set of telephone line to receiving fax machines. That machines converts the electrics signals back into an image of the original document and then prints a copy.
Some business people use small desktop fax machines or portable models at horn or when they travel, A personal computer can also be used to send and receive documents if it is equipped with a special electronic circuit board called a fax board
14. Elephants are the largest land animal alive today. These animals have special body characteristics, among them are tusks and trunk.
Elephants’ tusks are made of a hard, white substance like bone. When an elephant is angry, its tusk can be very dangerous. The tusks of an elephant are actually its front teeth. People pay a lot of money for the ivory of an elephant’s tusk. The ivory from the tusks is made into many beautiful things.
The trunk of an elephant is a fusion of the nose and upper lip. An elephant uses its trunk in many ways. It pulp up trees with its trunk when it want to make a long path through the jungle. It also uses to get water. The trunk can hold a lot of water, as an elephant needs to drink three hundreds pints of water every day
15. We are indeed living in a period of ‘garbage’ , a time when the nation’s condition is getting worse from time to time. It is hard to imagine how this could get any worse than it is now.
Havel, who has a good image among his people, showed that politics is the will
to make people happy. However, politician nowadays only full energy when they
talk about power, particularly when the issue brings benefits to them. One
scandal occurs and another follows, either by the same or different actors.
Recently, for example, several newspapers reveal the evidence hat many
candidates for the provincial legislative bodies have falsified their academic
We should never retreat from the war ‘black ‘politicians. Therefore, we must say firmly that there will be no compromise with politicians who build theirs careers on a cheat
16. Nowadays, the video games industry is developing rapidly. It becomes a multibillion-dollar industry. Video games have become an important part not only in the children ‘s life but also the adult’s. Nevertheless, there is an argument whether video games bring good or bad influences on children.
People who have a pro argument claim that video games give a lot of benefits. Playing video games is a good way to kill boredom. It can refresh the children’s mind after tiring school day. Moreover, they also argue that video games can trigger children to be more creative because the games provide challenging ways to win. In other words, they believe that the videogames can actually sharpen a human’s brain.
Conversely, some people believe that video games make children lazy. They argue that playing video games is addictive. As a consequence, most of the children prefer playing video games to studying. These children find it hard to concentrate on their study because they always think about how to spend more time playing video games. In fact, there are also some children who skip their extracurricular lessons. Just because they want to play video games. In addition, most of the video games often expose toomuch violence. Two years ago in the
for example, a student shot his teacher and some of his friends. Newspaper said
that the boy was deeply influenced by the actions in the video games he used to
play with. USA
It is obvious that video games have more disadvantages than advantages. Therefore, parents should be very careful in selecting he appropriate games for their children.
17. “Bisa Saja” is chosen as the first single of the album and theme song of Brownies, since the lyric reflects the story in the movie.
When Hanung Bramantyo, the director, and Dewa Budjana of Gigi chatted, Budjana expressed his interest in making a soundtrack album. Then, he recommended a few of Gigi’s song which the producer accepted because of the combination they created with the movie.
Since Gigi can provide variety of colors to add all kinds of musical nuances to enrich the movie, the producer deemed it unnecessary to find other musicians to complete the OST of Brownies.
It’s always fun to have a piece of brownies in your mouth. However, having it in your stereo set is more entertaining. No movie is perfect without musical score, and the OST of Brownies has proved it excellently.
18. A tornado is a powerful, twisting windstorm. It is one of the most destruction storms on earth. Tornado is also called a waterspout.
A tornado is a long cloud which comes down from the sky. It is shaped like a funnel and consists of wind which whirls around extremely fast. In fact, the wind can reach a speed of more than 900 km per hour.
Most tornado form a long front (boundary) between cool, dry air and warm, humid ar. Weather scientist are unable to know exactly when tornados will occur. Fortunately, the tornado is not usually very big and I does not last long.
19. Do the Right Thing was amazing. It was by far my favorite movie that we have watched so far in class. The most interesting scene to me was the climax of the story where the people of the neighborhoods riot and destroy Sal’s Pizzeria. It is where all the racial tension finally explodes between the characters. I thought that the DJ starting such a commotion was bothersome but I thought that Sal way overreacted. Even though it was both their faults, I did not think that either of them deserved the punishment that they received. Sal’s Pizzeria being destroyed or DJ being killed by the cop. I also liked the way that each audience member is able to analyze why Mookie threw the garbage can through the window. I thought that he did it to starts the riot because he was so fed up with everything and cloud not hold his composure anymore but lots of people have different views. That was my favorite scene because it is culmination of all the anger and the small fights. I loved this movie and pretty much every scene within it but the riot scene was by farm.
20. Changing the Hand phone Covers
Before removing the cover, always switch off the power, and disconnected the charger and any other device. Avoid touching electronic components while changing the covers. Always store and use the device with the cover attached.
1. Press the back cover release button, open the back cover and remove it
2. Take off the front cover carefully
3. Insert the keymat in the new front cover
4. Align the top of the front cover to the top of the phone, press the front cover to lock it into places